Thursday 16 April 2009

It's Up to You (2)

This is about poetry: specifically if you want to have some of the suggested-for-comparison list put together into a strange little photocopied book. My proposed list:

From Dead Sea Poems by Simon Armitage
On an Owd Piktcha - From the Middle Distance - CV - I Say I Say I Say - Give - Stray - A Sculpture of Christ with Swings and a Slide - A Week and a Fortnight - The Two of Us
From The Other Country by Carol Ann Duffy
In Mrs Tilscher's Class - The Way My Mother Speaks - Translating the English - Originally
From W H Auden
Here war is simple like a monument - Musee des Beaux Arts - O What is That Sound - Spain 1937
From Allen Ginsberg
Howl
From Dreaming Frankenstein by Liz Lochhead
The Beltane Bride - Something I'm Not - Poem on a Day Trip
From Life Mask by Jackie Kay
I Kin see Richt Thru My Mither - Old Tongue - Mid-Life Mask - Two Autumns - African Masks
From The Fat Black Woman's Poems by Grace Nichols
Beauty - The Assertion - The Fat Black Woman Goes Shopping - Invitation - Motto - Tropical Death

Of course, you may have all these individually photocopied already, or not want them anyway, in which case there is no point. So if you would like a strange little book tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment